November 17, 2008

Who am I?

I looked in the mirror this morning, and I realized I don't know who I am. Listening to Glenn Beck on the way home from the Chiropractor didn't help either.
Now, I have to figure out who I am.
Thanks, Glenn!
I know what I am not.
I am not a fat man anymore.
I am not a kid anymore.
I am a scared older man.
I am happier than I have been in awhile....well maybe years.
I walk funny.
I talk quieter. I don't have to show off to call attention to myself anymore.
I react less externally than I used to.
I am able to see thing more clearly than I could even a year ago.
I was waiting to die a year ago. Now, I am looking forward to living, and I am even living as I write this.
Things I didn't consider 6 months ago, I am reconsidering. Can I really do this if I want? Most likely, the answer is "YES"!
I am going outside to chop the leaves, and I just got back from the chiropractor. Before, I would have taken a break to recover.
I am looking for myself.
I am looking for myself.
I am looking for myself.
I think I see myself now.

No comments: