June 22, 2009

Changing patterns

This is the back of the basement looking towards the laundry room. The wall is now white instead of gray.
This is the very back of the basement, mostly used for storage.
The boxes on the left belong to my son. He is supposed to get them out soon. If not, I will trash them. The boxes on the right are trash that has to be moved upstairs.

The time has come to alter what I do in order to shake up my body a bit.
So, this week, I'm gonna organize some songs to get them ready to play. Then, I'm gonna learn them. I have a repertoire of about 1000 songs, or maybe more. I've forgotten more than I remember for sure.
Playing guitar and singing is a workout when you are onstage unless you are a sit down jazz player. Rockers can dance and prance and act silly, all for exercise. That's what I plan to do.
My next step?
Well, the basement painting has progressed to the point where I will be doing the tough stuff. That is, I will be going into all the little nooks and crannies, and behind the furnace, etc. in order to make it look brighter. This will require a little more from me in that I will have to bend and stoop a lot more.
The back of the basement will be finished when I do this last bit. I will then have to do the living part of the basement. There is already yellow dry loc paint on the walls, so the painting should go a little easier. But, this is a much larger area. I have most of it cleared away, but this will give me the chance to bring up the last of the stuff to be trashed.
This is all stuff that I would not be able to do if I was still fat. Last year, I would have cut the grass in three sections. Maybe, I would do one each day, then take a day off. I never would have finished it in one shot as I do now. I also would not have sprayed for weeds, and my curbs show that neglect. The bushes are trimmed, except for the forsythia, and that will be done later this week. I also managed to chop up all the leftover trimmed stuff, and bagged it to have it hauled away.
So, I feel good right now.
I'm gonna go take a shower.

No comments: