June 21, 2009

My poor scooter

My Honda Helix has stayed in the garage all week because it has been raining and I've been working on other things.
The world is spinning too fast. I need some ritalin!
I tried to trade some plumbing work for my John Deere last night to no avail. His wife was too practical as she should be. I could see in his eyes that he wanted the mower for the wrong reasons as I have had that look too many times.
I got my guitar back from the luthier and it plays wonderfully. Now, I need to play it more and live up to my abilities and talents. I would like to write all new stuff just for me, go into the studio and record it with limited help from other musicians, and then go market it, but.....
It ain't gonna happen. I don't have the energy, or drive to do that just yet.
I am sore and tired from all the work I've done in the past week, and a bit burned out.
I have to make the chili this morning, and empty out the car.
I have been re-arranging boxes and things every time I move stuff, so the area will be more open and compact. My DJ equipment will go into the back bedroom instead of it's usual places so that I can paint the next room upstairs when I am ready. It is almost empty now, and should be empty for the painting. I need to pull the carpet, and put tarps down, as well as blue tape the area. I am on a roll, and will be finished by the end of the summer.
My gig yesterday was cancelled due to the rain, so I didn't pass go or collect my money. That money was to go towards paying the bills instead of feeding it back into the business as I have done many times before. Hence, the equipment to be unloaded from the car. I parked it in the garage to keep it secure and out of sight, as well as not unloading it because of fatigue and rain. More good excuses.
I did nap twice yesterday, and I needed it. I was bushed. I bought two new pillows from Wal Mart for $3.00 each, and slept well last night.
So, after rambling on, I have to report that I took all of my old clothes to Goodwill, or did I mention that before?
It's time to make the chili. The neat thing is that I can start it and do other things in between. While it's cooking, I'll have time to take a nap or whatever.
Oh, today is Father's day. My Father died last year. Next weekend, we will go dedicate the grave stone.
I have two kids, and 4.5 grand kids (one is due very soon, making up the other .5). I got one card that was scribbled on by Lilly, and that made me very happy. I'm sure she will be writing very soon. She is so smart. I saw the other grand kids last week, and they are doing well too.
The world is spinning too fast. I wish I had more time and energy to spend with them, but I have to take what I can give and get.

No comments: