June 13, 2009

NSFW, or something like that. Plus, Oh, my aching body!

I found out something new today.
My schedule has become more dependant on my body, than on my brain.
I can't go out the door without thinking about what my body will need.
And, if my body isn't ready, I ain't goin nowhere!
I need to use the bathroom for a bowel movement in the morning before I leave the house. If I don't, I will be terribly constipated and uncomfortable all day. I will then spend an unreasonable amount of time in the bathroom at a later time.
I'm sorry to talk about this, but it's true.
I have a problem with getting enough fiber because of my Celiac. I take Unifiber with every meal, but it doesn't provide me with everything I need.
The beans from my chili help, but they also produce gas. Everything I eat produces gas now. I am getting close to starting to use something to cut down, but that has been a problem in the past with me too.
I am also not getting enough liquid, which isn't helping in the quest for better bowel movements. I am drinking quite a bit, but still not getting enough.
This is something I can fix, and I will work on it, but my mind has to get into the proper set, and it hasn't yet. That's why I write this. It will help me, and hopefully you when you reach this point.

Next month, I celebrate my one year anniversary since my surgery.
I can't believe I am still alive, let alone, in the shape I am in. I can see my feet now, and I can stand for long periods of time. I can do things, and I feel great for the most part. I am sore because I work, not because I am fat.
Wow!

Yesterday, I procrastinated.
I got up at 4:45am, even though I didn't have to. I was supposed to start painting and had a friend coming over to help.
I was supposed to help my future daughter in law to go somewhere, but she cancelled. That was a relief, because I thought that this would hurt my plans to stay on track and do what I planned to do.
So, I:
  • Ate breakfast
  • Did the dishes
  • Got into the car and went to Wal*Mart. I got paint supplies that were cheaper than at Home Depot. I also got some things that I couldn't get anywhere else.
  • Brought everything home, and took them downstairs. Then, I brought up some more heavy stuff on the way back up from the basement. I also moved some more things around so we could start the painting, when the time came.
  • Upstairs, I ran the vacuum, and ate my second meal while watching TV and resting a bit.
  • I also put my ride on mower out in the front yard with a for sale sign on it. I noticed the lawn was getting long from all the water this past week.
My friend came over at this point and we went downstairs. I had to move a ton of clothing that was hanging on the hook so we could get to the chore of painting.
I put some music on, and away we went.
I managed to work for about two hours or so before I ran our of steam. I would have liked to go on all day, but I had already been up since 4:45, and it was getting on to noon. I went upstairs and mixed up a protein drink and sat down with lots of back cracking sounds.
I was able to go back downstairs and do a little more work before I knew it was time to give up for the day.
My friend helped me clean up and he headed out. I went upstairs and ate something, and then went and layed down after getting out of my painting duds.
I took an hour nap, then got up and rode the mower to finish off the lawn. I was going to try to use the push the mower instead, but realized I would not have been able to finish the job. The ride on mower does lots of bumping around, and I spent more time on it than if I had been pushing, because it goes slower and takes time to turn around and back up and all. It is only a 26 inch blade, where my push mower is a 21 inch, so not much more help there, except it's easier in the long run.
I came in after that and took a nice long hot shower, which felt great.
We went out to dinner after that and took a ride. I managed to stay awake long enough to see "Mental", which isn't half bad. Kind of like "House" in a funny farm. David Carridine was the guest star, and I enjoyed seeing him in such a different role. I don't think he said a word the whole show, yet managed to convey his character nicely.
So, last night, I did have to take some pain med, which I only do in extreme times. I slept like a rock, and woke up feeling almost human.
I sprayed the weeds this morning with my two gallon bottle and sprayer, and now am going to eat something before I take it easy today.
Tomorrow, I will do something not related to work, and Monday, will start in with the painting again. This time, I am on my own. My friend has a whole bunch of doctor's appointments this week, and won't be able to help.
Stay tuned!


No comments: