July 29, 2009

Good things in my life

  • I am much happier than I have been in a long long time.
  • I am healthy.
  • For the first time in my life, I am "Normal" whatever that is.
  • I am finishing things that I started 5 years ago.
  • I can play my guitar again, although I haven't picked it up too much recently. My fingers were so fat, that I felt like I was playing with gloves on. They wouldn't go where I wanted them to go. And, they hurt all the time. They don't hurt as much now, and they move again, although a few of them are bent with age.
  • I can actually concentrate on what someone is saying, rather than worry about when I was going to eat next.
  • I can ignore junk food, and alcohol, and soda, and sugar drinks. I can't ignore chocolate.
  • I get second glances from females now. Never did before, even when I was single.
  • I can complete more than one big task a day without falling over, or not being able to move the next day.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You look great also. I like your new picture. Love your post. That's exactly how I feel.It is amazing what you feel like after a weight loss, especially one as significant as yours and mine. I am getting very close to 100 lbs lost also.People who have never had a weight problem, don't realize how debilitating it is. Every day I see someone who would benefit from weight loss surgery. It is a true medical marvel.