July 30, 2009

Overdone





I overdid it yesterday, and paid for it today.
I used my trusty square blade/short handled shovel to edge the sidewalk. This is something I've been wanting to do for years. The grass has grown over the edge of the sidewalk until you can't tell where it is.
So, I started out slow and steady, and then got into it. The grass was just the right consistency, and dry enough to cut really easily, or so I thought.
It took me about an hour to go down the sidewalk and back up the other side. Then, I got my trusty recyclable bag and filled it. I took the extra sod type pieces, and spread them out over a spot that was left behind by a tree stump that was ground. Hopefully, that sod will grow into the bare spot.
I carried the bag to the porch. By this time, I had worked up a sweat and was hungry, so I went inside to get some killer chili.
I sat down to watch TV while eating, and I couldn't get the spoon to my mouth without my hand shaking badly. I had to concentrate to feed myself. My muscles weren't used to real work.
So, then, I went downstairs and put the second coat of paint on two of the walls I did the other day, and started the first coat on the next wall.
When I finished, I went upstairs and took a shower, then I layed down and slept like a rock for two hours.
During the rest of the day, I drank lots of liquid to rehydrate, and took it easy.
Anyway, I went to bed at 9pm, and slept until 3am. I got up and worked on the computer, and had plans on calling my friend at 6am. I layed down for a minute at 6, and woke up around 9am. missing the call.
I took it easy the rest of today. I went to BJs to do some shopping and walked all of the aisles just for the exercise. Then, I came home, ate, and took another long nap.
I am sore now, and heading to bed. Tomorrow, I have to go to the regular market for stuff, and finish the walls in the basement. I have two to go, and they require that I move lots of stuff to get to them. But now, I have room.
Re reading this, I can see how tired I really am. I hope I get more energy soon. I can't imagine a boss allowing me to take naps....

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Sounds like you discovered muscles you didn't know you had! At least you can do it now. You probably would have had a heart attack if you tried that a year ago.