April 9, 2010

Trash






Larraine said that it was a great feeling throwing things out.
I agree 100%.
I have been cleaning the house since I got my energy back. I actually started before that, but my wife made me feel guilty about throwing things out.
I have pictures I will post.
Can you say "Hoarding"?
I know what it is all about. I threw out most of my stuff while my wife saved it all. I would get rid of things only to find them mysteriously re-appear.

So, when I had the surgery and re-gained my energy, all of a sudden, she couldn't keep up with me, and I got rid of far more than she could find and return.

I also gave away all of my clothes as I lost weight.
What a feeling of relief, freedom. It was a literal weight off my ....I was going to say shoulders, but it actually affected my whole being. I am still paying for it in stress.
Observe the pictures and you will see why.
My wife is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer, so I took it upon myself to start cleaning things out. I have the time and energy, so I collected trash bags of actual trash, and used others for storing her clothing. I still have more to go, but so far I have filled 10/40 gallon trash bags of her clothing.
It is somewhat funny, because I was warned not to buy anything expensive while I was losing weight because I would grow out of it too quickly. So, I bought a dozen Pocket T shirts, two pair of jeans, a pair of dress pants. I have some shorts from last year that still fit, and some sweats that I figured I could use until I got down to my size.
So, everything I have could fit into a very small space.
I counted 75 blouses, the same or more in sweaters, 100+ pair of socks, not to mention all the other stuff. 40 belts? Who needs that many belts? My wife did.
I plan to paint the house over the next month, and maybe get a full size dumpster for the driveway, so I can take stuff out and just get rid of it all at once. I'll bet I can fill it too.
I've already gotten rid of at least that and more over the past two years.
I found receipts to 1967! I burned out one shredder with some of the paper I've gotten rid of.
Oh my, I could go on and on. And, I will.
Man, does it feel good to start to live in a house instead of a dump.
BTW, these pictures were taken at least one year after I started cleaning. When I started, I couldn't fit through the piles.
More later...

No comments: