May 14, 2010

Take a chance on me

How many habits are you carrying around with you?
How about you try something for yourself?
I did, and it continues to work for me.
How many times do you do something because you've always done it? Or, you had to do it that way because you were fat?
Try to think about everything you do a certain way everytime, and try to change it.
For example, I put my shoes on a certain way everytime because I would get cramps and not be able to lift my leg for that long. Now, I can, so I put my shoes on a different way.
Did you ever start walking as if you still had the weight on?
Try walking a little faster for a few minutes, and you'll probably be surprised at how fast you can go.

1 comment:

Larraine said...

I know exactly what you mean. A lot of my physiological habits stem as much from the fact that my knees were so bad as my weight. I can get in the car like a normal person, yet I keep on backing in like I did before. Now that my knees are better, I'm walking faster although that hurts them later. It's a fact of life that I have to keep on remembering to move more often. I became so accustomed to not being able to move a lot. It's a weird feeling sometimes to have to remember that I don't HAVE to sit around anymore!
Also, thanks to my big weight loss, I have a lot more energy. Sometimes I just have to get up and MOVE! So not me in the past!