June 5, 2010

Protein drinks from my viewpoint.


You could say, I'm hung up on this picture. OK, I'm sorry.
The summer thunderstorms have hit, even though it's not summer.
I went to see my wife last night and almost didn't make it home. I was tired. My end of year schedule has me driving early dismissal for one school but not the other. So, I put in about 30 extra miles, and I miss my afternoon nap. I get up at 4:30am every morning, and have been missing sleep for awhile. I end up waking up around 2 and can't get back to sleep. My afternoon nap is usually what saves me. So, I was grateful to not run over anyone and not fall asleep behind the wheel at 8:30pm. That's a long time for an old man like me to stay awake.
I slept well through the night and awoke around 6am this morning. I felt better too.
I have a busy schedule this evening. One that I wouldn't have had if I hadn't lost the weight. I remind myself of this obsessively so that I never forget how far I've come.
This morning, after going to the park to make sure my equipment was set up, I went over to Ollie's Outlet to pick up a kitchen table with chairs, and a universal TV remote. My wife's remote fell and when they reloaded new batteries, it wouldn't work. I tried looking up the codes online, but didn't find them. So, I paid $4.00 for a new one.
Now, after getting the table, I headed straight for the nursing home, thinking I would be lucky to get everything finished this morning. My wife would have TV again, and I would see her once more and still be able to get home and maybe assemble the table and chairs.
Not to be.....
The damn remote didn't work. I tried everything I could think of to no avail. The batteries work, I checked them. The remote didn't. Now, I have to take it back to Ollie's, and my wife is without again.
I downloaded the old remote's manual since I now have the codes for the TV, and will try again with that. I know it works because the lights work on it, so all I have to do is follow the instructions to reload the code....I hope! In my younger days, I would have ridden up there after my gig tonight and then drive home. I'm not as stupid as I used to be. I'll do it tomorrow.

The storms are going to move through right about the time I start playing for the Teen dance tonight. We have been lucky to get rain the past 3 days, without too much wind, lightning, or damage. the areas around us weren't so lucky. Our number will be up sooner or later. I'm going to try to remember to carry a flashlight. I'm going to call the others to remind them too.

What does this have to do with protein drinks?
Nothing. I'll write about them int he next blog which will be titled "My Friday and Saturday".


No comments: