November 23, 2010

Small Bites

I will be going to my Daughter and Son in Law's home on Thursday for the holiday meal.
I wanted to have the celebration here at the house, but couldn't do it. Too many ghosts here and in my head.

I will spend this holiday preparing my home for sale. I will sand, prime, and paint. I purchased curtain rods and curtains for the living room. I have rods for the whole upstairs, but didn't get the curtains yet because I wanted to see if I could find more choices.
I was also thinking about heavier curtains for the back of the house where the sun doesn't shine. My present computer room, doesn't get any light because the windows look onto an enclosed porch. So, I will probably use insulated curtains there. If I keep the house, it will be a little more insulated. If I sell it, someone will probably not like the curtains and will replace them with their own anyway.

I will also think about what I really want to do with this house. It would be so much easier if I could stay here, but I need to leave.

I bought a power supply for a digital recording device that my friend gave me, but as far as I can tell, the unit is fried and useless. I think the power supply did that, but the unit didn't work when I plugged it in the first time anyway. Now, it doesn't light up at all. I will do some testing today, but will probably just give up and try something else. It was a nice drive going down there and back, so at least there was that.

I am going to have lunch with a friend on Saturday. I haven't been able to see him for awhile. We will try to stay far away from the craziness of the holiday shoppers. I truly hate this time of year. It's been ruined by the shopping and poor economy, as well as the commercialization of a religious holiday. There are other religions in the country, and there seems to be a group of people who are trying to brainwash non-believers into becoming one of them. That's the way it seems to me. I have to be on guard against them all the time. Do me a favor and leave me out of it!

No comments: