November 26, 2010

Getting it done!



I have been prepping the living room for paint and primer for a week now.
I get a little more done each day, but the thought of returning the walls to a boring dull shade of white or beige, is repugnant to me.
It makes me sick.
However, the real estate agents tell me that people won't like bright walls, and if I decided to sell the place, I need to tone down the walls.
I am glad I have the energy to do the work. I just hate the thought of doing it. Now, if it was another bright shade of blue.....
My bedroom walls are lipstick red. If you go way back in this blog to the pictures of the piles of socks, you will see the wonderful color.
So, the hallway, living room, bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom all have to be boring. UGH!
I'm going to get out for a few hours and not think about it.
It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me!
Black and white for you to ponder while I'm gone.....

1 comment:

Larraine said...

Hi, Lee! Yes, we in the real estate biz call it "Realtor Beige." Buyers want to be able to visualize a house with their stuff in it. Most can't visualize a house as their home if they don't like the colors. That lipstick red in the bedroom sounds snazzy, but not very restful! Then again..... Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I enjoyed all of my "little bites."