December 20, 2008

The end of the year.

So, how many others are thinking about this time of year right now?
Every year, I go home to Levittown and remember the "good old days".
I go past all 3 of the homes I lived in, and think about the people I knew. I think about the friends, and the not so friends, and I wonder how they are and where they are.
I miss them.
But this year, as all previous years, is different.
Through the world wide web, I have made contact again with many of them. I have touched base with them, and have actually met new "old" friends that remember me, even though I don't remember them.
The good feelings I get from knowing these people, has helped me through this very difficult time.
It is tough for me for two big reasons, and a variety of smaller reasons.
  1. I miss my Parents. My father died this past summer. My Mother died when I was around 23. (55 now)
  2. The Christmas holiday has never been my own.
  • I haven't achieved what I was put here to do.
  • One of the smaller reasons is because I miss being young. I wish I could go back and do it all again sometimes. And of course, sometimes, I wouldn't change a thing.
  • I haven't found everyone I want to meet up with again. That makes me sad. I have seen a few who haven't lived this long, and that bothers me.
  • I would like to correct old mistakes that still affect the way I think and do things. I have corrected many of those mistakes.
So, in the next year, I plan to:
  • Continue to lose weight and change the way I do things. My mind is the number one obstacle to that goal. My stomach has already been taken care of. The rest of me has to get in line, or it will all be for nothing.
  • I need to get out of debt and manage my money so I can do more of the things I want, and less of the things I have to do. Busy work has to be eliminated, although that will be an ongoing goal. Busy work can never be eliminated. It's one of the things released from Pandora's box.
  • I need to develop a system that I can keep track of people places and things.
  • I want to write my books.
  • I want to run a marathon.
  • I want to Kayak.
  • I want to live in the warm climate year round. I'm tired of the cold temperatures.
I think I'm done writing for now.

No comments: