December 20, 2008

Thoughts

I was watching a young women today at the Wal Mart riding in one of those scooters, because she was so heavy that she couldn't walk for long on her own.
I felt like yelling at her at first, that she was stupid for letting her self get that fat. Then, I thought about the fact that I had just spent an hour walking around the Wal Mart, and I was not tired or sore from standing.
Last night, I was able to trim my toenails without contorting myself, or getting out of breath.
If I had not gotten the surgery, I would probably be in a scooter right next to her, or even worse, been on my way to the morgue.
Everyone has to find their own way past the prejudice they accumulate over the years, and the stereo type thoughts that fat people are stupid.
I was really surprised at my reaction. I guess I have a bit more road to travel.

No comments: