December 15, 2008

UGH

My Hard drive crashed on Saturday morning, so I went over to Cyber Warehouse. They offered me one that was twice the size as the one I had, and gave me a good price to reload XP pro since I didn't have the disc.
They told me it would be Thursday or Friday until I got the computer back. I went back home and they called me an hour later to tell me it was finished and I could pick it up! Wow!
The computer is now flying since I found a cable to connect it directly to the DSL line instead of using a wireless connection.
I have been working all weekend to reload the computer so I can restore my files. I use Carbonite, which is an online storage service. It is very reasonable, but I am having some trouble reloading my files and will have to contact them to figure it out.
In the meantime, I have a new "twice as nice" hard drive, and renewed energy in my lappy, so I am happy.

No comments: