July 3, 2009

Meeting follow up

Last night at the WLS support group meeting, we had a return visit from a counselor who has a way of putting thoughts into words better than most people, including me.
She was able to help me and others to organize their feelings and dispense with the negative stuff, so that the positive stuff became dominant.
So, as a result, i am going to try something I hadn't thought of before. I am going to try to organize a type of scrapbook using thoughts, pictures and feelings, so that I can come back to them when I need a refresher.
You see, it seems we tend to forget how hard this weight loss program was to do. We (meaning me) get lazy and may slip a bit from time to time.
The scrapbook helps us to see where we were and where we are.
Some of the pictures I have in this blog, and most of the words are reminders to me of those rougher times, but it's too long for me to go back and read. So, I am going to shorten things up a bit.
You'll see it right here when I'm finished.

No comments: