November 2, 2008

Celiac/Bariatric Oatmeal! Yummy!

In the morning, I used to love to eat cereal. Then, Celiac came along and killed that idea.
Now, I eat Oatmeal. Every morning, I eat Oatmeal. I need the fiber, and it even has protein in it! I add fruits for the extra fiber, especially fruits with seeds, such as, bananas, strawberries, raspberries.
I am including the recipe here for you to think about and maybe try. If you come up with any variations, please let me know.

I use Quaker Oats "weight control" brand because it has extra fiber in it. I am not sure, but I think it has Metamucil in it. You can't tell. They have 3 great flavors:
Cinnamon
Banana bread
Maple and brown sugar


The cinnamon has wheat in it, but at this point, I don't care. The small amount is not going to kill me.

Oatmeal
One half cup of coffee.
One packet of sugar substitute. I like to live dangerously, so I use sweet and low.
3 Strawberries, or one sliced banana

Measure the coffee and if it is cold, put it into the microwave for 1 minute on high.
Pour into one packet of oatmeal.
Add sugar substitute
Add fruit.

I add coffee to the mix because I am not allowed to drink anything with my meal and I never get up in time to make a cup of coffee and then wait to eat my oatmeal. It tastes great since oatmeal by itself isn't that great.

Enjoy!

No comments: