November 7, 2008

Were you there?

If you were at the meeting last night, let us know what you think. Post it here, or start your own blog.
The support from Lancaster General Bariatrics is amazing! Who would have thought that a Doctor would be able to actually be personable as well as competent?
Dr. Brader has put together a great team, and they all contribute 100%!
Greg met some of us for a pre meeting walk around the Health Campus, and we had fun watching the people watching us walk around, again and again. Up and down the stairs, and around and around.
Wendy is the big boss and introduced the speakers and gave us an indication of what was to come.
Kristin spoke last night about the holidays and her talk was pure GOLD! Thanks, Kristin!
The lady that spoke after Kristin made up cardboard cutouts that reminded me of elementary school. Joni was great! She is a recovery room nurse, and from my home county (Bucks) and she brought her mother with her who is also a post bariatric. They had their surgery done when Dr. Brader was working in Bucks County a few years ago. She had some great handouts and gave away some door prizes. Thanks Joni!
We broke up into 3 groups last night after the talks.
Pre-surgery
Post-surgery
Family and friends support
I was able to help out with the pre surgery folks, and I got to ham it up a bit for them and answer some of their questions.
This is very helpful to me as well since it helps me put my own thoughts out there so I can think about them. I learn something every time and enjoy doing it.
Next month, I will talk to the crowd about my "Milestones" concept. I wrote about it a bit in this blog and will probably add to it as I go.

No comments: