November 26, 2008

Food Choices

I'm looking for new stuff.
It's tough sometimes to remember what I can't eat because of all of the restrictions. So, I tend to forget that I can eat something, but I can't eat something else.
I started eating small amounts of potato chips last week. They are Gluten Free, and the ones I get are usually salt free too. I don't get the ones cooked in lard, even though they taste good to me.
Snack foods and crunchy stuff is my favorite. If I don't have something crunchy with a meal, I feel like I missed something. Celery, or carrots don't do it for me. It has to be crunchy like potato chips. I only eat 3 or 4 of them, so it's not that big a deal. It's just that I feel satisfied after eating them. I always save them for last so I can get the maximum crunch! :)
So, next, I will be compiling a list of foods so I can refer to it in case I get stuck. My memory is terrible, and if I don't write things down, I forget. Or, did I say that already?
I still don't like veggies, but if they are mixed into the food, I can tolerate them.
I still need more fiber than those who eat wheat and flour products.
I had rice based pasta last night, for the first time since my surgery. I loved it. It really added to the eating experience.
I'm looking forward to getting more feedback here so I can expand my food list. I need new ideas.

No comments: