November 28, 2008

Yippie, I survived!

The birds flew around while we ate yesterday.
I had turkey - no problem. I ate the Dark Meat and it was soooo good.
I had stuffing. Celiac didn't let me know it was there, so I got away with it. Good stuffing, although it was about a tablespoon.
I had asparagus. Yummy.
I had cranberry sauce. The kind that comes out of a can and looks like jelly. I was concerned it might be too much sugar, but again, I survived.
I had smashed Potatoes. There were pieces of unsmashed in it, along with a mushroom gravy, and it was scrumptious.
Dessert? Nope.
I ate slowly and was full after about 15 minutes. I didn't eat all that much, but I enjoyed every bite.
We got to play with Lilly afterwards, and I had fun watching her eat. She doesn't use utensils yet, but is so delicate in picking things up and carefully placing them in her mouth. So cute.
She crawled all over us, and played peek a boo. Such a happy kid.
On the way home we stopped at a Dunkin Donuts for coffee, but they were closed. We made it to a Turkey Hill in York, and stopped there for some coffee. I got my usual decaf, and enjoyed every drop. My wife did the frothy stuff with extra flavoring.
Today is Black Friday. Were broke so we will ignore it for the most part. I hate crowds anyway.
I am going to finish raking leaves into a pile and my son is supposed to come over and clean them up for me. I put that at 40% chance of happening.
I am letting my wife sleep in this morning, so I will go get breakfast and then go outside.

1 comment:

Scootin' Fool said...

Hah! black Friday sucks!

My wife and I went shopping today, but not where most people would expect. We went to the dollar tree, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and Michael's arts and crafts. We also hit the Olive Garden for lunch since we had a gift card, and stopped in at Border's while waiting for a booth. Olive Garden was packed and there were people parking in the O.G. lot since the Mall spaces were full.

Crazy stuff.

Good to hear you were able to enjoy a bit of Thanksgiving dinner!