August 8, 2009

Meeting follow up

I was again amazed at the turnout for the support group meeting. Dr. Brader was supposed to make an appearance, but had other obligations, so Kristin, and Greg did a presentation instead. They were excellent as always, adding wit and comedy to the mix.
The talk was based on Plateaus and how to deal with them.
Now, we are going to miss Greg and Wendy, but they are being replaced by good people, so we will give them a chance, won't we? :)
Anyway, they used a new wireless mic system that worked out well when they figured it out. Everyone got to hear, even those in the back.
Speaking of crowds, you fellow bloggers will be blown away. I counted 13 people in the front row, and at least 10 rows of people. Take off your shoes to count, and that makes at least 130 people! WOW!
We had different groups:
  1. Family/friends supporters
  2. Pre-op
  3. Post-op
  4. Band pre and post
I guess there were more than 4 groups, but this time, we split into just two groups, pre/post roux en Y, and pre and post band.
This allows relevant questions to fly all over the place.
I didn't leave until after 9, even though the meeting was supposed to break up at 8:30. I saw people leave around 8:30, but many stayed longer than me.
I learned something, and will apply it in the next week or so.
I'll talk about it as it happens.

No comments: