November 8, 2009

Time to rake the leaves!

This is a post that I think didn't get published. I don't know why. This is from a few weeks ago. Anyway, here it is:

The leaves of brown came tumbling down, remember? That September in the rain.

An old standard song listed above. The only problem is my silver Maple isn't even starting to turn brown yet. It's still green. All the neighbor's trees are dropping leaves like crazy....on my yard!

So, I will use my new Honda Mower, and the leaf blower, and rake, to clean them up. Then, I will turn my back, and all the leaves will fall again, and it will look like I didn't do anything.

Life in the suburbs.

My wife is very sick, and we are not sure what is going to happen. We get the test results on Tuesday 10/27/9. My life will change drastically no matter what the results are.

My son never came back to finish what he started. He decided he has to move, and is going to move out of the area and change jobs. I wish him well, and wonder what I will do with my yard. I don't have the equipment or money to clean up the holes he left. There are roots and stumps there that I can't dig out. I think I will save and cover them up this spring with lots of mulch, and then put some small plants there. I did try to dig as much as I could, but didn't get too far with my shovel.

I did cut and trim all of the bushes around the house for the winter. We have butterfly bushes that I cut down to the ground. They will grow back stronger next year. The rose bushes are still blooming, so I will wait another week or so to chop them down.

Now, I have a huge pile of cut bushes behind the garage. I started to trim them down and lay them out into piles that I can haul away sometime soon. With the leaves, I think I will be busy for awhile.

No comments: